Pacific Coast Trade School in compliance with the requirements of Department of Education provides YOU, the students with the following links from the department, for various required disclosures. The school strongly recommends that YOU use these links for disclosures and please use the FAFSA on the web and Direct Loans sites (for on-line promissory notes and entrance and exit counseling).
- For Direct Loan Basics for Students: This is in PDF, but includes a correction to print version. This explains both subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans for students: Click Here
- For Direct Loan Basics for Parents: This is presented in Spanish version PDF (in 3MB) and explains Direct Loan PLUS for parents of the students. Click Here
- Regarding FAFSA: (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Click Here
- The FAFSA 2011-2012 is a required form for ALL students participating in ANY Title IV Federal Student Aid Program (Except PLUS only applicants)
- This form is the only official application for free Federal student aid (FAFSA). If the form is completed by the student and parents on the FAFSA on the Web site, or if the student mails the form in, the institution would not have a copy of the FAFSA in the file. HOWEVER, if the FAFSA is completed at the school and is submitted by the school to CPS on behalf of the student, the FAFSA with original signatures MUST be retained by in the student’s file. FAFSA ON THE WEB
- Pacific Coast Trade School, in consonance with the department’s requirement will include this link under Net Price Calculator, which will be on the school’s website by 10 – 01 – 2011.
NET PRICE CALCULATOR:
This calculator is intended to provide estimated net price information of attendance Click Here
OTHER LINKS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS’ USE:
- 2011-12 Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet for question 23 English Click Here
- 2011-12 Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet for question 23 Spanish Click Here
Pacific Coast Trade School is required to conduct and complete a verification process if any student is selected for verification, which is indicated by an asterisk (*) next to the EFC on the first page of the ISIR, with the comments of either 170 or 171. This department requires that the verification process be thoroughly documented in the student file. The two forms with accompanying lings below are tools to document the process, but NOT a replacement for actual back-up documentation. NOTE that one of the forms is for DEPENDENT students and the second form is for INDEPENDENT students.
- 2011-12 Verification form for dependent student Click Here
- 2011-12 Verification form for independent student Click Here
- To determine payment schedule for full-time scheduled awards for the 2011-2012 award period, the school provides the following link: Click Here
DIRECT LOAN LINKS
- General information
The student will find general and important information about the Federal Direct Loan at the following URL Click Here
- Federal Direct Loan Promissory Note
Information about the Federal Direct Loan promissory note may be located at the following URL Click Here
- Federal Direct Loan Entrance and Exit Interviews
All student borrowers are required to complete an entrance interview before a first loan disbursement is made and an exit interview prior to leaving the school.
- Federal Student Aid
- Student Loans
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT - with the Financial Aid Office prior to enrollment so that eligibility for financial assistance can be determined. This practice enables applicants to evaluate their options for tuition financing.